Register Keeper Upkeep for a Contract
Chainlink Keepers is in beta. We’re continuing to test the network with users and improve the experience based on your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback.
Once registerd, you can interact directly with the registry contract functions (
The website will walk you through several steps.
5 Steps to register and fund Upkeep on the Chainlink Keeper Network
- Connect your wallet with the button in the top right corner and choose a chain. The Chainlink Keeper Network currently supports Ethereum Mainnet or Kovan.
- Click the
Register new upkeepbutton
- Fill out the registration form
The information you provide will be publicly visible on the blockchain. Your email address will be encrypted.Make sure you have LINK to fund your Upkeep with. Learn how to acquire testnet LINK.FUNDING NOTEYou should fund your contract with more LINK that you anticipate you will need. The network will not check or perform your Upkeep if your balance could be too low based on current exchange rates.Your balance will be charged LINK based on a 20% premium over the gas cost to
performUpeep. There’s currently a ~80k gas overhead from the registry. The premium and overhead are not fixed and will change over time.The gas limit of the example counter contract should be set to 200,000.
Register upkeepand confirm the transaction in MetaMask
This will send a request to the Chainlink Keeper Network which will need to be manually approved. This is a temporary step during the Beta, and requests are automatically approved on testnets, so you should be up and running in a matter of minutes.
- Add funds to your Upkeep
Your contract was provided initial funding as part of the registration step, but once this runs out, you’ll need to add more LINK to your Upkeep.
View Upkeepor navigate back to the home page of the Chainlink Keepers Website and click on your recently registered Upkeep
- Approve the LINK spend allowance
- Confirm LINK transfer by sending funds to the Chainlink Keeper Network Registry
- Receive a success message and verify that the funds were added to the Upkeep
How funding works
- Your balance will be reduced each time a Keeper executes your
- There is no cost for
- If you want to automate adding funds, you can directly call the
addFunds()function on the
- Anyone (not just the Upkeep owner) can call the
- To withdraw funds, first cancel the Upkeep
After you register your Upkeep, it has been approved, and you have added sufficient funds, the Chainlink Keeper Network will begin to simulate
checkUpkeep calls, and execute your contract’s
performUpkeep as needed.
You have now built and registered a Keeper Compatible contract with the Chainlink Keeper Network. Wohoo!
Originally published @ https://docs.chain.link/docs/chainlink-keepers/register-upkeep/